Friday, September 12, 2008

God created us in His image right?

We were studying Bible Quiz on our way to therapy and one of the questions is ( parapharasing so do not quote me all you BQ parents-) What is the difference between people and animals-God created us in His image? So why do people (children) have mental health issues? I posed this question to my Pastor and waiting for his reply (no pressure Pastor Larry) I know we have the sinful of nature of man which can cause consequences but children are innocent right-hey I am just posing the questions- a thought that crossed my mind-

Am I mad at God for how Marcus is - no way-really that thought never crossed my mind- upset with his biological mom- yep- foster parents yep-biological dad yep ( although he has no idea he is alive) okay so why am I -upset because children reflect there environment - we shape there lives and in the first few years of his life it was negatively shaped. Not God's fault- God created a fantastic young man- I know it I see it forming- I know he has a great plan for him- just others had differnet ideas -

God has allowed me to be his mom- a task that I sometimes can not believe- sometimes so difficult. Not knowing what to do or say- this past week since he has been home - it is so different for me- I rely so much on God's wisdom in all circumstances-

This week has been mentally challenging for me ( do not go there) because you have to think a lot and not react- you have to think of how to diffuse a possible situation before it occurs or even if it occurs with you yourself not getting upset- you have to think of ways to keep him calm and work it out and talk it through. So I am grateful for God's knowledge- He did create him and knows what he needs- Keep praying for us- the process is on going.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

ok ?? for you! Did you EVER pray for patience? Because you definately are learning it! Girl you amaze me with all you have gone through, going through and pushing through to get that break through! I got your back girl...always praying! Love ya

Michele said...

No I do not pray for patience cause I do not want anymore trials.Still day to day process - thanks for your prayers