Sunday, September 28, 2008

Aww- I feel good today - its been awhile

Marcus and I being goofy after JBQ practice today-

Its been a long while since I have felt this good- we are starting to climb the mountain or hill now- started to come out of the valley and work daily on hill climbing-
Before I go on- I am not saying we are going to have all hilltop days but more are nicer then the valley days-
The last 3 days have been good- very good- minor incidences that were resolved relatively quickly.

I have been tired just cause I think a lot and make sure he is okay and sleeping and not into anything he should not be. but I will learn to do better - I need to or else I will be a mess.

Anyway- God is so good- Sunday School was a time to reflect on the single parenting class I have been leading- It has been good very good- It is amazing to see that as as a single parent you are not the only one going through similar things that married couples have no clue ( no offense there my friends) We found that being consistent is a hard thing to do- but necessary- why is it hard cause we get tired and can not say go talk to your mom or dad. I have learned that it is difficult when dad or mom is semi in the picture and how difficult it can be- we went way over time today which shows me this is so needed for us.

We discussed how as single parents we should ask when we need it - it is okay to ask for help ( I know this more now then ever)
Sometimes help could just mean that you are listening when I am emailing or chatting on line or calling- a lot of time for me that helps- and sometimes watching Marcus just for a few hours helps. When others correct him it is great and I can relax knowing others are around to say - hey there stop it

God spoke to me today regarding all that we have been through- reminding me it is a process - and still take each day one at a time- God is going to use this process in a mighty way- I know it I feel it in my heart. Keep reading my blog cause I am going to bring you from a journey of the summer through now - I need to show you what we have been through to show you where we are going- He is a mighty God-

I woke up with a smile this morning and a good feeling- it was nice- I am thankful

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Michele, you my friend so deserve the mountain top for a while and have for a long time needed it. I am standing with you girlfriend! Like PD says, when needed I'll take off those heels and earrings and fight along side you or for you! God does have big plans...for You, for Marcus, for us and for Kristofer! We love ya!

Melissa said...

oops forgot to add, your goofy picture really made me laugh. It is so good to laugh and be goofy with our kids!

Blessed said...

YOU GO GIRL!

BtB: Northside isn't listed as a quizzing team on the new forms that cmae out from the D.O. this past week. hmmm..... :-)

Love you,