Thursday, September 18, 2008

The day started off very rough and ended.....

My started of very rough with Marcus just not listening- very disrespectful and very noncompliant-yelling talking back- etc. I let him know this type of behavior is not okay- and there would be consequences- no there won't I got- UGH! and this is how it was all the way to before care- I finally was able to talk him through again- the mental challenge of seeing what works - is tiring and not fun at 6 am in the morning. I know what the problem was he was tired- I am noticing that this is where the meltdowns occur so I try to avoid late nights-and early but Wednesday Night is church- I am going to see how he does the next 2 Wednesdays and reevaluate him- He did not have a meltdown on the way home- this was a first in over a month- but Cathy and I tagged team to hopefully avoid that situation

Work is going good- just trying to settle in to the new position-I am getting there - and getting comfortable with the facility - just the days are non stop and so tiring. Hopefully we can get some extra help in the next week or so. It is a little stressful but it is okay- tomorrow I get to help in surgery with one of my favorite Drs and one of my favorite type of surgeries- it is one that I helped developed the anesthesia for so I love it.
Marcus was exhausted tonight - he came home studied for his spelling test ate dinner which I did cook thank you very much- liver-onions- mushrooms and mashed potatoes- Yes you read it liver- I love it and have since I was very young and yes Marcus loves it too-

It was about 6 ish when we ate- he said he was tired and was going to go to bed- So we went and I gave him a bath and he was out fairly quickly which is good cause he needed it

No problems this evening - so I am thankful

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Girl I am proud of you! Cooking and liver at that! WOW! I can barely get my boys to eat fruit forget veggies and liver oh my goodness, I couldn't get that in my house if you paid them. But then again I can't stand it myself!
SO glad you have Cathy to back you!

Blessed said...

liver and onions?!?! are you crazy! i knew there was something different baout you. just didn't know HOW differnt! ;-)

love ys, sister!
be blessed!