Sunday, September 30, 2007

Let's Catch up

It has been a few days since I blogged- I try to do it more often but this past week was crazy- I had to help Marcus with school work- get ready for my mom to come up- ready for my conference Friday and Saturday- read for Sunday School- work stuff was crazy Thursday and Friday

Marcus came home after getting Student of the week Wednesday- Thursday he hit someone- but then Friday he redeemed himself and did excellent - even behaved for mom that Friday night while I was at my conference- I came home - it was only in Clearwater- I was able to listen to the BULLS came- most of the way home- and yes in fact that beat WVU- go bulls- campus this coming week should be crazy. For those of you who may not know I graduated from USF in 2002 with a Bachelors in Biology and 2 years later began working there - I love what I do and it is so rewarding. I will tell you about it if you ask.
So this week should be calm- we have our first soccer practice Thursday night - he is playing for 8 weeks as well as doing bible quiz-

Ths soccer league is through Idlewild Baptist- one night a week practice - 1/2 hour long- games are Saturday and hour long (minus the ones for JBQ) at it goes through the end of November- at practice they do devotions and teach on being a Champion for God. There is no score- no winning or losing team just fun and showing God's love while getting to know him better.

Committed -- "Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and he will do it." Psalm 37:5
Heart -- "But the things that proceed out of the mouth come form the heart, and those defile a man." Matthew 15:18

Attitude -- "As for you, my son Solomon, know the god of your fathers, and serve Him with a whole heart and a willing mind; for the Lord searches all hearts, and understands every intention of the thoughts. If you seek Him, He will let you find Him; but if you forsake Him, He will rejct you forever." 1 Chronicles 28:9

Motivation -- "A worker's appetitie works for him, for his hunger urges him on." Proverb 16:26

Priority -- "Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15

Integrity -- "The integrity of the upright wil guide them, but the crookedness of the treacherous will destroy them." Proverbs 11:3

Obedience -- "This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it: for then you willmake your way properous and then you will have success." Joshua 1:8

Needs -- "And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus." Phil 4:19

If you would like to come to his first game it is October 6th at 10 am at Idlewild we would love for anyone to come see him play. I will blog the schedule in the next few days- I know he would love it if some of you were able to come see him play.

No comments: