Tuesday, October 2, 2007

I am mean and He does not Love me


Oh those words go straight to my heart- and it hurts- who said them Marcus-

We were at the library working on homework and he chose not to follow directions so I said let's go home- well there was McDOnalds night for the school-and I told him he needed to listen to me in the AM and when he was picked up. Well we he found out he lost that privilage - you would think I was beating the child when all I was doing was holding his arm and dragging (he was not walking) out of the library- had to hold him down to seatbelt him in - I got in he is screaming and yelling and I am getting angry- I put on my praise and worship CD loud and prayed - he did not like it and usually he does- he was posessed i am sure of it- Anyway it was my fault that we did not go- my fault he could not see his friends - my fault he did not listen my fault - I am mean mean- mean- oh I can show you mean son-

I do not love you- you are mean I don't love you- he says

Marcus you were created to love and be kind when you can do that we will talk-

Not a good thing on the way home- we had our words and he went to his room and then he got a spanking- yes he does get them from time to time- especially when he is down right disrespectful and hateful no need when he made the bad choices
So I am chilling and he is working on homework since he chose not to do it at the library

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hey Mom, if there is anything I have and am still learning it is this: When we are in the trenches and teaching & training our kids what is and is not acceptable we are going to get hit with the famous words all kids say, "You are mean and I don't love you." I have even heard my kids all of them tell me they hate me. It hurts the first few times and then you get a tough skin and you realize its all just hot air. Oh you have to correct them when they say it and sometimes spanking is needed. Just know you are in the trenches and very soon you will be on the mountain claiming victory!
In the pray trenches with you!
Love ya girl!
Missy