Thursday, September 13, 2007

People in our life that mean so much Part 5

Okay well- I saved this one for today-
These wonderful people have known me more then anyone- they love me no matter what stupid thing I may say or do- my family- my mom and dad- my sister and my brother-in-law
This past week or so has been the worst in a very long time- and when I called - my sister came over as soon as she could- she lives in Clearwater- oh I have done it for her and her gang - that is what you do when your family needs you- My brother in law was concerned I called this morning to just say hey and he was like are you okay the last time you called it was not a good thing- I am fine-
Lori saved Marcus from being turned away from another school- when I first got him- he is successful because the school she was at - they hung on - they tolerated a lot. but she was able to help him through that first year he was with me. because of her ability to love on him and not give up on him at school
Calling mom and dad in tears and they make it all better just listening - they live in Venice-
They have been there when Marcus was suspended or sick or had surgery - they have been there when $ was tight- I appreciate what they do when we come down- I think I gain 10 lbs when I am there for the weekend mom spoils us with things we like and do not get or make cause sometimes moms are best for that. Dad is great- we have a great relationship - the only thing I miss that we do not so much is working cows- so dad save working cows the big herd you have for next time I come down- I will use Spanky to round them up - yeah right.

They are not always sure what to do with Marcus- but they would do anything in a heartbeat for him. They learn each time they watch him. I do not think they will watch all 3 grandkids at one time though again. We go home- yes I call Venice home still- I spent 27 years there it will always be home- and it is so nice just to chill out- not worry about dinners - work - etc. I sleep when I am there - something I tend not to do at home- it is a quiet retreat a place of rest.


Our family is their to support us in all we do- our successes- our career changes- our moves to Tampa- and the most important support they did was open their hearts to Marcus as he entered our family- we did not know what we were all getting ourselves into- but I would not change it for anything-

I love you all!

We may not agree on things sometimes but that is fine- we are all uniquely made


A Home Is by Richard Dottery

Some say a home is just a place
To go, and hang your hat
We know that, that is an allusion
It's certainly much more than that,
It's a place to gain refreshing
A place for comfort and for rest
A place you should feel safe in
Your sanctuary at the best,
A place to dwell in, and be happy
At peace and doing OK
With Love for those around you
And Faith to get through another day,
It's a place to express that Love and Caring
Unto those you Love and know
A place we should look forward to returning to
And always want to go,
A place of escape from the world
And it's pain and trouble, so
A place to Love and to be Loved
Where God and the ones we Love all dwell and go.
Richard Dottery
Copyright ©2002 Richard Dottery


( I know they are not ours but - it was as close to home as I could get)







No comments: