Saturday, September 22, 2007

No I am not over the top

You may have read yesterday's blog and thought Michele he behaved all week great- kids do behave - yes I do know that but you see when we have struggled for over 2 years (almost as a family) I had him 4 months prior to the official family day. with behaviors and attitudes and back talking and aggression and trusting and all the other stuff- I celebrate this past week as a miracle- a sign of hope- that wow I am making a difference (go ahead all of you who have told me that) I just had to see it for myself- I had to live it through my eyes-
as I said in previous blogs there is a light at the end of the tunnel-
He has been telling me he wants to have a great day- that he is sad with himself when he does not earn all his stars- hey I am thrilled for 9 out of 10 . Is he perfect? who is?
We are still working on things self esteem- using his words more (he does this so much better).
He had a great week but did that mean Saturday morning we were going to follow directions- oh no - we had a rough hour or so- he was tired - so back to bad for a nap- hopefully he has a better attitude- you see the weekends are his for resting- he can go all week then by Thursday and Friday he starts tiring out and by Saturday AM he is a grump - he gets up eats and goes back to rest for a while and usually falls asleep fairly quickly-now this is not every Saturday but today it happened and now he is awake and in a better mood and ready to do chores-








My sister and I grew up with Saturdays as chore day- I thought I would continue the process- he helps take his laundry to the washer- clean his bathroom- yes I make him do it- I did not mess it up- he does a really good job at it- and usually his proud of his accomplishment.

So he is off to do his bathroom so we can put his new shower curtain up surf boards- sports for the bedroom and surfing for the bathroom

No comments: