Monday, September 10, 2007

People in our Life that mean so much- Part 1

There may be many parts to this blog but for today- We start with Part 1

I want to share with you the many people who lift us up- there when we need to talk or email- there to calm Marcus down- there to calm mom down- there to say we all have been there and that is normal kid stuff.
Today I begin with 2 wonder ful people who have changed my life over the course of the last - 6 years - I think that is right- it just feels like they have always been here.


Who is it you ask?


Pastors Larry and Deanna Shrodes.

They are the best- so real so down to earth- know when something is not quite right-

Here is what I can say about them:


Pastor Larry is great he comes from the same town where I was born- many moons ago- Him and my dad actually know some of the same people- strange but true


PD- is wonderful she is adopted- Marcus is adopted-
okay those are neat things but here is where I will get all serious-

When I decided to adopt they were the biggest cheerleaders- they were there to guide me- direct me- They have been there through the waiting and when was it my turn to have a child- they have been there to encourage to give a hug just at the right time- they have been there through the tears and the joy.


They were there the day we signed the papers- even though we had to wait forever for our turn they were there.Pastor Deanna- dedicated him the very weekend- what a special moment. I will never forget- when we have baby dedications- It brings me back to the moment we were on the platform.

They have been there when Marcus was driving me crazy and I had to pick him up from preschool- I drove him straight to Pastor Larry- Pastor Larry and I talked - Relax he says Relax- easier said then done- then Pastor Larry and Marcus talked.

Marcus absolutely loves these 2 maybe cause I have talked about them before he was even in my home. He will search them out and sometimes not at the right time just to hug them.

I have grown so much- there have been many many times where God gave Pastor Larry the right message and it was just for me- I soak in the advice about parenting that they offer- their kids are great I love them to pieces and if Marcus can turn out like Dustin or Jordan- I will be pleased.

PD has told me stories of Jordan which is great cause it does not feel like I am alone with all the issues Marcus has- oh Marcus has so many more-

They have been there to talk with Marcus on the phone when I can not get through to him- they have been there just to listen to him say he has had a Good Day-

Just the other day Pastor Larry and I were talking and I just said I am frustrated and tired- Marcus was suspended again. He said we all as parents get that way- you mean I am not alone.

They not only have guided me with Marcus but they love him so much-

Thank you is not nearly enough to say- what do you say to two people who have impacted your life like no other- my life has changed because of them.

I appreciate them- I love them- and they mean so much to me and of course my little bubba man.

2 comments:

Dr. Deanna DossShrodes said...

Wow Michele, THANK YOU. What an awesome tribute...but you know what...

Marcus is just so easy to love. He is a "heart melter." Yes, I know he gets on your last nerve at times (and we do not deal with what you do at home so of course he is truly "much easier" for us) but honestly he has always been so easy to just love to pieces.

I see such a great future for him. We enjoy him so much. I always look forward to his hugs.

I am so glad you adopted him...I can't imagine life, especially at Northside, without him!!!

You're a great Mom. Someday, I'm telling you - people are going to be seeking you out as their "lifeline" because you are going to have so much to share it is going to be unbelievable.

Love you!

Michele said...

PD-one day I do hope to be someone's lifeline- I know I am not the only one out there that has gone through what we go through- I would like our life to be a sign of hope for those who struggle as we do at times- but it is not by my strength alone- God is the strength of all we go through and the strength from people like you- just telling us to hold on and press through and that THIS TOO SHALL PASS- we have done a lot of passing and I am sure we will go through so much more-
Love M