Thursday, August 2, 2007

Schools -and working parents

Okay I hope I do not offend anyone - I am just going to go off on my little tangent for a few minutes so I can get off my chest.

Why is that the school systems have to have everything during the day- registration- orientation, etc. Working parents single or married- it makes it difficult to do when you work-

I know family is first- however- sometimes the careers we have may not be able to accomadate those types of scheduling and I understand teachers and principals and support staff have families too.

In the course of the next 2 weeks I need to take off 1 whole day ( I know it does not sound like much- but we have surgeries and I am trying to work around that) just to get Marcus registered and to meet his teacher- not to mention I have been trying to set up an appointment to speak with the prinicpal and the ESE program director to just inform them of Marcus' behavior and how we can work together.

Whew! okay I am done.

Side note for today- Marcus has had a pretty good week- at summercamp and home- tonight has been a little bumpy but I think he is tired - it is the end of the week.

School starts on the 20th - I am worn out- trying to get all the information I need to switch schools and start the year off right-

I already have the school supplies- thanks to grannie and pa paw- they are the best- and some new school clothes again thanks grannie and papaw.

I am not sure if you all get worn out by the start of a school year but I sure am- I just want to make people aware of the behaviors Marcus could potentially do, inform, educate, wears me out- But that is what you do to make things successful for him and everyone else.

1 comment:

Dr. Deanna DossShrodes said...

I agree with you. The days of having these things during the day should be SO OVER. They need to come into 2007.

You're preaching to the choir here!

I understand,
pd