Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Speedy Gonzalez- picking things up- and wow we have accomplished GREAT THINGS

My son- likes to race other children when getting his schoolwork done- of course that leads to not being neat and accurate-
The teacher met me at the car today and I went oh no- but she said that he is picking up things and doing alright- they are going to do a reward chart for him- earn a sticker for certain times of the day and then be allowed to spend some fun time with the AP. I said okay-

Each day my mind eases a little- but I always feel on my guard of not knowing what to expect- I want to expect the best and not focus on the could this happen or that happen-it is hard sometimes- I struggle I need to try to overcome-

We together have come along way- and I want to look at the best- I tell him how proud I am of how he is doing and reiterate what he needs to work on. It is a daily process- it does get tiring but the outcome is so far from where we began.

In fact I was looking at write ups from about a year ago and the write ups from Kindercare - oh my- and even 10 month ago oh my- what leaps and bounds we have made. From scratching to biting to hitting to running from throwing fits and the list goes on- to mommy I made good choices today - I had one problem- I hit someone cause they hit me first (it use to be the other way) I used my words- I raised my hand- I need to work on being in my seat- he is seeing what he needs to work on- he calms himself down when he gets worked up- oh not all the time but most of the time- I continously reiterate - Marcus you are created to be kind-caring- compassionate- have self control- God created you to use your words- Speaking those words I am sure is where the change began- (Courageous Parenting- impacted me greatly)

So the boy is a sleep at 6 pm- he is exhausted and was grumpy on the way home- he asked to go to sleep- He has so much energy and then crasho.

I am proud of how well he is doing and I am sure we will have a few minor bumps in the road- but my how far we have come in 1 short year.

No comments: