Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Suspended- atleast it was day 8 this year instead of day 1

UGH!

Yesterday was not a good day- My son did not have a good day at school- he just lost control and could not get back into reality- he threatened to bite- he had to be restrained- I had not seen him like that in a very long time.

Am I angry at him- no - upset yes-because I know he can do the right thing- he was created to be the kind, caring, gentle, and having self control person I know he can be.
I am going off on a tangent so hang on.
Am I angry with the staff - no way- they were trying there best- they want to see him do his best- they see that he is sweet - they see that he is smart( he got that from me you know).

I am angry with the fact the first 4 years of his life were not good- that he did not learn how to deal with things properly - that they did not get help sooner- he was a "handful and hyper" as the paperwork said- I am angry with the foster care system for continue problems- they did not see on visits.
I am angry for the fact that there are people out there can disrupt a childs life and not realize what an impact that does- he was imbedded with solving problems by lashing out- have I taught him differently yes- but the first 4 years are the most impressionable- I - with many of you helping are changing that.
You see Marcus does not have just ADHD he also has post traumatic stress disorder- and the slightest of things can set him off- less now then ever- but it still does -

We talked on the way to grannie and papaws last night about his choices he was very apologetic after he could focus-
I am frustrated because this is not how it was suppose to happen this year- I know I know new year - changes - strangers- trust building again- he has that problem.

As we were in the principals office yesterday he started off on a tangent again - he was sitting on my lap and I whispered in his ear - I still Love you no matter what- God created you to be kind and caring- and he melted - relaxed.

So we went to grannie and papaws- thank you grannie and papaw I hope he behaves for you for the next 3 days.

So he is out of school for 3 days- Friday I have a meeting with many school officials to figure out what the next and best step is for him. I just need God's guidance with this one- to let the school know what his needs are- what I need from the school system, etc- I want him to be successful more then anything else.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hang in there Michele! God Will show you the way, he will take your hand and show you the right direction for Marcus and for what he needs the most at the school. Isaiah 42:16 Check out my blog today I think it might encourage you!
Love and prayers
Melissa