Thursday, August 23, 2007

Stay with your class no matter what!!

Well today( yesterday)I received a phone call when we got home from Marcus' teacher. She wanted to let me know of a couple of things. 1st that she started the star program - where he earns stars for staying on task- if he earns 5 he gets to go see the AP for a special treat- I know he can earn all 8 so that is what I told him this morning.

He had a good lunch time and then decided he wanted to be where someone else was in line and decided to have his hands on that person- well he did not earn a star at that point and got upset.
(this looks like him huh?)

Well when he got upset he walked away from the class and his teacher had to find a place for the rest of the children and look for him- I was not happy when I heard this- with Marcus- we have talked about leaving his class when he is upset. Anyway she did find him in the clinic where he said he needed more medicine- he only gets it once at school and he already had it for the day.

Needless to say when I got off the phone we had a chat. He had to write some sentences about lying and a rule about staying with his teacher - I also had him write an apology note to the teacher saying he was sorry for leaving class and he will try to use his words when he is upset.

Oh I was not a happy camper- I said the school is big and you can not just take off- you scared your teacher and made me very upset that you would choose to leave your class without permission. I do not like it and this behavior is unaccepatble. What if someone was on campus (it is gated - thank you God for that protection) and they decided to take you ( for those of you reading this I have to be very real with him -if it offends you so sorry)? There could be a chance where I would never see you again and I would be very sad for a long time- that you could get hurt by that person- and still make me very sad- or you could choose to just stay with your teacher and work it out by using your words. UGH- We have this conversation quite often but it has been awhile.

So at dinner he prayed to have God help him make the good choices and I want to make the good choices- To help him listen and do what he is aked to do. I am glad he is now wanting to do the good choices- that is a step in the right direction.

He said he likes school and has fun with it. So this is good- he wants to learn. YEAH! He also told me he wants to be a Dr. , and astronaut, and a firefighter. I said you can do it-

Hoping he earns 8 stars today so he can get ice cream- and I found some ice cream he can have so yeah! Made from Soy and it is at Publix.

No comments: