Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ups DOWNs and in betweens of life

My title is my day today- we had a good day today- we went to meet and greet our teacher at the most fabulous school in the Pasco County area - Lake Myrtle Elementary- with the most fabulous staff around-Marcus met Mr Madley today - he already knows him but now he will get to know him even better- I am antsy with anticipation of how this year will play out- I have a good feeling. Hope my feeling is right.
They have changed a few things on how points and bus reward will occur-its a good thing- allowing the kids to be more accountable for their behaviors- maybe help them think twice before they react.

We left there and headed to get some blood work done on Marcus- and here is where the day begins to deteriorate for a bit- I was not told he had to be fast from food or meds- so no blood work today- ugh- this is when single parenting stinks- you try to accomplish everything in one day and it back fires- oh well we have new appointment on Saturday in between work and Life coaching.
then it improves as Marcus studies his multiplication tables- and Miss Luisa comes by- he was very attentive today which was good-
dinner was fine - until I asked a question- and then he punched the seat- he got it under control for a bit and then I am really not sure what set him off in the 3 minute car ride to church- and it was not pretty- he thought things were funny - tried to hit - was using his bible as a weapon (do not go there Uncle Adam) tried to kick- then he rolled down the window and got out (we were in the parking lot) then as I sat there trying to ignore- I grew very weary and it brought tears to my eyes- still not reacting. yes he climbed out of the window opened the door wind up the window and locked and closed the door all while I was playing with my phone- then I locked the doors since he wanted out - then he wanted in- and began jumping on the car - he then went in the church and I got out-he still wanted in- and it continued to go down hill from there- I had to restrain him and was not doing well when PastorLarry stepped in- he is very good with him- and I stepped away - I was toast-these are the times when I do not know how much more I can handle- I know it was a brief moment of time (felt like eternity-2 hours) he finally got his act together and the rest of the evening was peaceful- but I am still toast.

No comments: