Sunday, August 1, 2010

Oh what a Bear I have had today-

Yes this was my son today- well up until about 2 + hours ago when he slept - early night tonight as well-
It started off this morning and we have waves of ugliness and aggression- so thankful for the support I have and the prayers that were offered up as I sat in a parking lot before Sunday school - he finally got in control and started again once at church for a few minutes before children's church and then afters as well

You know though a year ago I would have handled it so much differently- I would have drove to church with him screaming and hollering and then handled it there- yet when you wait and he realizes you are not giving in hmm his attitude changes. lots of patience- and waiting him out and he will comply- ignore ignore ignore (unless he is hurting himself or others) which he was hitting my car door-not enough to damage it though

One of my kids ( although he is not anymore gave me a compliment today) he said coach you have so much patience with him- well its learned and it works so much better-I do get worn out- not sure if you completely understand that statement- but for me I have to be thinking ahead and know it some sense what he is going to do- I did actually want to cry on my way home today cause he wore me out not physically for a change just mentally and emotionally- but you know I am actually enjoying how i handle him - I am proud of how well I am doing which transfers into how well he is doing.

No comments: