Sunday, August 10, 2008

God has not abandoned you...

Oh my those words Pastor Larry spoke were just what I needed to hear this morning- thank you Pastor for being obedient to God and speaking them. In a previous post I was asking God where He was and Why He has not healed Marcus- I have felt bombarded and overwhelmed- Oh-I need thee oh I need thee every hour I need thee- that song ministered to me today as well. One of the scripture verses for my Sunday School Class was this:
Psalm 139:7-12 (New International Version)
7 Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? 8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. 9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, 10 even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. 11 If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me," 12 even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.

As I come home and reflect on the day let me just say- I did not want to go to church but so glad I did- sometimes you do not feel like being around people and that is what I felt like today until I got there- I sat in with the youth for a few minutes before Sunday School they are so funny -I was talking to Bernie and how to fix my garbage disposal- he told me what I needed to do- I think I looked like a deer in headlights- I will attempt it- but this could get ugly.

So Sunday School was such an uplifting time- I love the single parenting class so much- just knowing that other single parents deal with the same things. The scripture from above really did not hit me until now when I typed it. I read it and even have notes from what I wanted to speak on - there is no where I can be with out God right beside me- You truly have not abandoned me God- Thank you! Time flies in the class and just when we get in to a good discussion it is time to end . it is okay though I will email everyone and we can touch base this way.

Went into service lifted but not really ready to worship- I am doing okay- As worship continued and they began to sing Healer - I was praying - honestly I did not want to sing it- I love the song but did not want to sing it- so after that is when Pastor Larry spoke about God not abandoning you- well- those words resonated in my heart through the entire service. I know He has a plan- and I know this too shall pass- I know great things are too unfold through these last 3 weeks.

I was blessed after service when Tom and Cathy said they will watch Marcus Thursday- they are moving so Marcus is a big helper so that will be great for him - and to have guy time with Tom will be good for Marcus. So my sister will not need to worry about it- Lori relax and enjoy your Thursday - I hope you take it off for your self.

Believe the song is going over and over in my head so here it is-



1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love that song but cant find the words anywhere. DO you happen to have them written down some where? I want Sean to learn it so we can sing it at church!
God is so good, I am glad He ministered to you today! Praying hard here!