Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year


I went to Pastor Larry and Deanna's house for New Years- the whole church was invited- it was a little odd not having the Bubba man with me but I enjoyed it immensely not having to worry about if he was overstimulated or going to have a meltdown- I sat out by the fire with a blanket and closed my eyes and relaxed (I did not close them long because you never know what someone could do to you) As midnight approached we went in and watched the ball drop- I was kinda numb feeling and it brought tears to my eyes as I thought of the old and looked forward to the new- 2008 is finally gone-and now we have a brand new year to look forward too.
What am I personally looking forward to- glad you asked here we go:
*A closer walk wih God
*Spending more time in His presence
*Healing from Marcus' past
*Meeting my husband- God willing
*Helping parents with special needs children
*Continuing my education for counseling
*Improving my skills as a manager for work
*Working out atleast 3 times a week and eating right
*20 year high school reunion
*Teaching Sunday School
*Taking time for myself atleast 1x a month
*Reaching others for Jesus
*Spending more time in His word and praying
*Spending time with friends
This is a short list but as the days progress in the year I am sure the list will get longer.

No comments: