Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Things I learned in 2008

Okay I know some of you have seen this on PDs blog and so I stole the idea from her- So here we go.

1. Helping others is a passion I have
2. With God all things are possible
3. We have the victory and we have overcome
4. Asking for help is definately ok
5. Having great friends in your life is life saving
6. God gives you strength when you think you have none left
7. Through the valley there are friends praying for you and having enough faith for you
8. That laughing and crying through moments of diffculities is okay
9. Venting to friends is so helpful
10. Realizing you are not alone in this world is an amazing feeling
11. That I can get up in front of people and teach (not just kids either)
12. Stepping out - you will be amazed how God will use you
13. Children act out in anger and sometimes they really do not know why
14. PTSD is not a fun thing to live with
15 However medication to help is great
16. Therapy sessions are really helpful -
17. I can still keep up with the young man when he takes off
18. A little bit of time in someone's life can be life changing
19. Teachers are great
20. I am still learning to relax more
21. Being uneasy at home is not a good feeling
22. That God has placed people in my life for such a time as this- I am so thankful cause they are just the right ones
23. Your friends are as close as your heart
24. I can do all things through Christ who strentghens me
25. Anger outbursts have no reflection of how I am as a mother
26. Anger control for a child can be difficult
27. Consistency is the key to success for Marcus
28. God has a plan
29. Heart wrenching decisions can change your life forever
30. The love of friends is so wonderful

There is so much more but this is just a few- Happy New Year everyone- This is a brand new year! (well as of midnight tonight)- I am so looking to saying goodbye to 2008 and hello to 2009.

Yes- the past year has been a difficult one- but knowing I made it through means God has amazing things yet to come.



No comments: