Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Child care

Okay enough is enough- this is ridiculus-well I was suppose to have a meeting with PLACE yesterday to determine the outcome of Marcus- he wants to go back but my gut is saying not going to happen. Anyway-so I have been diligently working to find alternative -for now Cathy and Tom have been wonderful- and dealing with shanagans of Marcus (just pray for him and food issues)
I have talked to child care facilities pretty much in Hillsborough and Pasco County-they say they deal with special needs kids- well no no they do not- there is 2 in Hillsborough (where my sister was the director) and then where he went privately to kindergarten. There have been a couple of them in Pasco county who have worked with him but always the same parents are concerned etc- me too concerned about the welfare of my sons mind - do you people not get change is not good for him - I repeat I am not complaining about PLACE they ahve done phenomenal this one is on Marcus.
So today I am calling childcares and for the first time ever-I had an honest person on the phone from Children's Nest Daycare off of 54. I asked about the special needs children told her about Marcus and the PTSD and anger issues and she said I am sorry but my staff is not trained for this type of special needs-She apologized and wished she could help - I told her that I appreciated the fact she was up front and honest about taking Marcus in- She did not want to put him through another change -Thank you Jesus for her honesty. I would rather know up front.
Why is there not a child care facility to deal with behavioral needs children- maybe I need to open one- I know he can not be the only one-Can He? So if anyone knows of one let me know

No comments: