Sunday, March 16, 2008

Oh my aching shoulder...


okay - I thnk I may have a pinched nerve in my shoulder why- cause it hurts to extend or turn my neck in a certian way and my shoulder has shooting pain, but not like Saturday- it was worse.

Today it was amazingly well- you would never know it and I am so greatful it did not cause me problems during service- nothing to hinder me worshipping the Lord- which was a wonderful service. Right now however it is beginning to hurt again- I think I slept wrong on it Friday night.


Marcus had a major meltdown after service- very - very aggressive and wow - have not seen him like that in a while- we got him calmed enough to get in the car- as we were leaving church I told him the angry eyes need to go and you need to take some deep breaths- when you are ready to talk I will listen. Here is what it boiled down to- I told him If he made good choices during children's church he would be able to play videos afterwards- well he did not make good choices and snuck over to play video games and he got caught- I think he was more angry at himself then anything and could not express it- even though he was lashing out at those he loves and loves him back- we talked it all through and now he knows next week no video games at all.

he was calm and very remorseful after it was all talked out.

Have not had a problem since- and for me I handled it quite well- calm cool and collected-all is well

He is a good boy- I know he is and wants to please- never under estimate first impressions of a child especially the first 4 years of life. It can be detrimental. but by God's grace and mercy and a very persistant mom this child will prevail and it will to be all to the Glory of God and how he has his hand on Marcus' life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so blessed to have you both in my life. I know with alot of lovr from you and God Marcus will be a wonderful, well adjusted adult.
Never underestiamte the power of the of a mother's love.
Michele you are the best and I am so proud of you!!!!