Monday, October 8, 2007

A Disadvanatage of being a single mom

When you are sick you still have to - get the clothes ready, do laundry, get the meals taken care of, feed the animals, walk the animals, make sure your son or daughter does his/her homework-
Get everyone ready for work and school. Take him/her to school- you go to work - leave work early to sleep cause you feel like garbage-then pick them up from school
then you pick them up and he wants to play basketball when you just want to go home an collapse - he begins to throw a fit and you are feeling all the more like ugh- think of me kid for once- I do not feel good and you are doing this to me. not a good thing-


This was today-

and when the child does not listen you get all the more frustrated cause you want to sleep and rest and chill - but you can't cause you need to make sure he is doing what he is suppose to do- then you are sick longer.
Who takes care of the single mom when she is not feeling up to speed - herself yeah right- things do not function without mom getting things done-
so can you tell I am not feeling well- oh somedays I wish I had a spouse to help fill in those gaps-

4 comments:

Melissa said...

We will pray for a speedy recovery for you! But let me tell you something, although I love my hubby and he is a big help most of the time, even when I am sick, Mom is still the one that has to do all those things Mom's are responsible for. Men just don't understand the importance of keeping the schedule, doing the house work or enforcing the rules. I think it just comes with the territory of being a mom but having a spouse does help! I will admit that! Just so you know, I am praying that God will bless you with a strong Christian man and father for Marcus! (wink-smile)
love ya
melissa

Michele said...

Missy-
thanks for the prayers and the chuckle- God will send the right man at the right time and if he chooses not too I am okay with that-His plans not mine- :)

Anonymous said...

Missy is right, michele. i have the world's best hubby, truly i do! :-) BUT! when i am down for the ocunt, he steps in, which is a good thing. BUT! as every mom can attest to, it just doesn't run as smoothly as it does with mom at the helm. God has the right man out there. he just hasn't found his way yet. maybe he needs to stop and ask for directions?

love you, lady,
leslie

Michele said...

I am truly fine with being single - it was a struggle for a very long time and God and I had our rounds about it but I am very content - with my life and being a single woman of God- he gives me strength and if God has a man out there great if not great- sometimes I think an extra hand helps - like when I am sick- but 98% of the time all is well with me being a single mom- tiring but all is well