Thursday, October 18, 2007

They need us here

Okay I am going to vent a little here cause I can-
I again heard on the radio about adopting oversees- this is one of my pet peeves in the whole wide world-
Do not get me wrong I want kids oversees to have homes but do you realize how many children need loving home here in the US- back in 2005 when I adopted Marcus - in Hillsborough County alone there were 200 kids' names read and that was a list of the older ones.
What is wrong - I know everyone wants a baby or the perfect child without problems or was not in a system that can not take care of the children ( this is another blog in itself)
So the children in our country need loving homes- they are not perfect infact many have problems because birth parents were unable to care for them - but does that make it okay for us to put them by the wayside and go thousands of miles away for children that are younger - that may not have as many problems- no- it does not-
If you have adopted oversees good for you however- what happens to the children in our foster homes that are not getting the love and care they need- That some of you could provide-

Adopt yes but ADOPT IN OUR NATION- the CHILDREN HERE NEED US TOO

No comments: