Friday, October 5, 2007

Felix the cat

This is Felix my cat- I acquired him about 5 years ago or so- He is a different cat- You see him here playing with Scooby Doo on the computer- Felix was essentially abandoned at the animal hospital with his brother- and I took him in- when I first got him he was so agressive- biting my hands and attacking my arms (hmmmm I see a pattern) anyway he hid behind the couch for the first week- and then finally moved upstairs where he lives- either under my bed or sleeping on it- he likes the bathtub and sleeps in there occassionly. He does not bite anymore only when I rough house with him- but he is avery affectionate kitty- and now is getting brave and goes half way down the stairs- we have come a long way Felix and I - when I first got him and he was all bity and no personality I wanted to send him back to the hospital- but did not cause I knew eventually he would come around and he has so beautifully just had to give him a chance and guide him.
All my animals remind me of Marcus - no he is not an animal but they all were abdandoned and needed a loving home- God truly has given me a gift to love the not so loveable-( Marcus is lovable - do not go there-you all know what I mean- those others have tossed aside and possibley given up on) Thanks God for reminding me of this.

We began soccer practice last night - he did very well and he did not hurt anyone- I know what your thinking Oh Michele why do you say things like that- well- because there were these boys pushing and shoving and I could see Marcus getting agitated - I signed to him- (Thanks Lori I love sign language)- to ask them to please stop- and that is all it took- I can sign to him stop, sit focus(my interpretation but he gets it) ,listen, obey etc It comes in handy from a distance. works well in Children's church too. Anyway- he kicked a lot of goals but he has no concept of passing- we shall see how well he works as a team- I enjoyed watching him laugh and have fun-

First game is tomorrow 10 am - maybe see some of you there >


** Side note for PD- thanks for inspiring me to write a blog- I enjoy it so and I hope those of you reading it get some insight to our lives.

No comments: