Monday, October 15, 2007

It has been a long weekend- and it spilled into Monday

Not sure what is up with him but off and on more on (Saturday and this evening) Marcus has had a bout of very frustraing for me times- it is like he has forgotten everything I have taught him and tonight I am weary about the whole thing- I even had a throbbing headache- which I do not get very often. Thank goodness for Excedrin migraine-
School was good for him today- it just seems with me he is having a hard time following directions- morning are fine afternoons are horrible- it just hit me- afternoons are horrible - so very tired he is- we get up at 5 am - hmmm let me think

how to improve this without either one of us getting upset- maybe discuss things when we get home he can rest in the car- no talking just resting- I will try and see-
I love blogging I get my thoughts out and help myself- oh and if any of you have any ideas let me know - remember I am still a new mom even though he is 6-

side note- I believe our 2 year as a family falls on our church family thanksgiving this year - how truly thankful I am even though we have been through so many trials these past 2 years I am thankful for them.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Michele,
I know the struggles our boys go through are as different as night and day but here is what I know...
Kris has more behavioral probs. when he is tired for sure but also when he is going through a growth spurt. I find his afternoon times are the most trying cause he puts all his energy into "being good" at school. All of this may apply to Marcus. Also know that at age 6, Marcus is (& should be)going to really start trying to be more and more independant and in my experience that means a bit of rebellion when it comes to doing what is asked. Follow through with any threats you may make, remind him of the consequences of his actions. Hand in there! It's not easy I know! With each age (milestone) things get easier and harder.
Love ya
melissa