Saturday, July 26, 2008

It is so Good to be Home- recap of vacation

Okay vacation was good- long and tiring but we got home about 1:30 (actaually at my house) after eating lunch- picking up the critters - now I am home - caught up on emails- read my blogs I have missed- (no internet access- tell you all about it ) Hold on and get ready for some reading cause I am recapping from Monday- the pictures will follow suit. Marcus is sleeping so it is quiet - the boy is wore out and me too

Monday- took the took the dog to the vet- checked on the cat- (he was doing well)- they let him have the run of the treatment area and the office - I was happy ( he thought he was home- he had lived there for about a year before I brought him here)

Met up with the Tobias' at about 10 ish had some last minute gettings to get then headed on the road about 130-2 stopped for lunch and away we go.


Got to the resort (WorldQuest Resort-http://www.worldquestresort.com/ )

about 4 ish- settled in and went to get some groceries

Pros about the resort- the rooms (3 bedroom) were spacious so we were not on top of each other
the location we were about 2 miles from Disney World

Cons about the resort- no internet access-our door was left open (maid service) when we got home late one night-Continental Breakfast was not very large-Beds were not made-We got locked out of our room one night and it was late

Tuesday - Got up and headed out to Magic Kingdom

Marcus thought there were sharks in the lagoon headed to the park

He did not want to ride the roller coasters - but ended up loving it - Thunder Mountain- I Loved it was his words

We ate at the Liberty Tavern - it was soooooooo good and the characters were all there- I have a great picture of Marcus and Goofy-

I simply loved watching Marcus - he was all wide eyed pretty much the whole trip.

Little meltdown at the end of the evening but all and all not too bad

Wednesday- dragged a little out of bed but then headed to Epcot or Fcot as Marcus would call it - do not ask I am not sure.

Very hot week-sweaty thankfully the lines were not too bad at all

We took a trip to Mars and Marcus was a little nervous on it but said he enjoyed it- then we went and got something to drink and this is my most memorable moment- My son through a major meltdown in the Electric Umbrella ( I called it the electric skillet - I renamed it) anyway from I hate you to your mean to calling me names to kicking me in the nose to hitting me int he chest and arm- oh it was ugly I was restraining him and very calm- and he kept saying I was embarrassing him but I was just trying not to get hurt -so about 15-25 minutes past and this is still going on so I picked him up (do not ask me how cause my strength was all gone) and basically threw him at Adam and kept walking- he lost the ride he chose and was not able to pick anything else for the day- no shopping nothing - he also lost the park in the morning of the next day-

We ate at Coral Reef the food was really good but I do not think I would go back

Thursday- Adam- Brenda and Sarah headed off to MGM by themselves- and Marcus and I stayed home- and he was so nice and well behaved- he slept for about 3 hours that morning (which I think was a major factor in his major meltdown Wednesday)

Then they came back and got us about 2 ish ) we returned to the park and had a good time- Marcus and Sarah did not like the tower of terror- Marcus was going to leave the Rocking Roller Coaster Ride- boo hooing and the whole 9 yards but we kept asking him - and he said yes I want to then he saw it take off- and that is what started the boo hoos- and then the ride was over and it was AWWEeSOME!!- the boy was overwhelmed with everything- it was great to see his reactions and the imagination through him- Mickey saved the day at the MGM night thing.

Ate at the Sci Fi Dine in and had a good wedge and steak salad yumm

Friday- Animal Kingdom- We got there the earliest of all parks- Marcus chose the wet ride so we went on it first and then he got upset- because he got drenched literally soaked from head to toe- I think he finall dried out about 12.

We road Expedition Everest - it was good and he ended up loving it- We met up with a friend of ours we have not seen in a while Bobby- Marcus attached himself like glue- you never know with that boy it will be shy and stay away or talk his ear off- well Mr Marcus was an expert on all the roller coasters and thrill rides while talking to Bobby it was quite comical. Went on Safari in Africa

Then we called it an early day- we were all beat- we saw what everyone wanted to see so we left and headed back to the resort- for about an hour nap before dinner- We ate at BOMA in the lodge of animal kingdom - the food was really good- I could still be eating.

Marcus got a watch with Mickey on it cause he is in to telling time- so beware when he has it on cause you will definately know what time it is

Okay off to unpack- it is so good to get away but so glad to be home-

Unpack for me anyway - Marcus spends the week with grannie and papaw this week-

No comments: