Thursday, July 10, 2008

Been thinking lately

Why do we keep what does not belong to us? Why have I done it? What are you talking about you ask- I am talking about tithes and offerings. Some may not understand why we should -the Bible tells us too- plain and simple.

Up until a couple of years ago I was not a faithful tither- I tried my best- but I had bills to pay and never put God's money first. Until Victor at church spoke in service and said even if it is not 10% every pay check pay God what you can first. So I started doing that and not long after that I got a 58% raise and promotion I had been promised ( I have only been there coming up on 4 years in August).
Blessing- with my salary increase I was able to increase what I gave to God- remember I am a single mom here.

But I still was not doing it right - I would pay the bills first and then whatever was left it was my tithe- talk about inconsistent to God- what was I thinking- then the light bulb or God spoke to me and said TRUST ME- give me what belongs to me. So that is what I do- and you know what I have more $ in the bank then before-

My expenses did not change - I have telephone- electric- childcare (not inexpensive let me tell you) mortgage -HOA fee- insurance and the list goes on.

Yes I am a single mom - I do not rent - I bought my house on my own- before the raise- I have learned to budget and compromise. I am honest with people sorry can not do that budget is a little tight-
It is not just about $ in the bank- my life is truly blessed- I have great friends and family
God has blessed me with more leadership roles at work and church-Blessed me by giving me the opportunity to teach Sunday School.
He has blessed me with a wonderful child - I know we have rough patches and I know God is working in him okay refocus.
Blessed me with placing things on my heart that I could never could imagine would be there. I am so blessed in my life coaching- not just saying it cause PD reads - but I have grown a lot -
My desire is to be closer to God- to do His will-
Not saying my life is perfect from tithing but I have no debt and I am a single mom (besides my home) My credit cards are paid off- I have no school loans - my car is paid off-

Michele- are you telling me to tithe to have this debt all go away-TRUST GOD and see what happens is all I am telling you.

Did not God create you with your talents- He opened doors for you to walk in- He gave me my gift of working with animals- he gave me my gift for working with kids- he supplied me with a wonderful career- he gave me my home- So why would I not give back the tithe that is already His- it is His job- He gave it to me and no one else can do it but me - my specific job for now.

Trust God and Give to Him first-

No comments: