Friday, July 4, 2008

God's Awesome Plan

God is so amazing- I am somewhat reflective today but also looking at how great God's Awesome Plan is -you will see how it all ties together here soon-
Do you ever wonder why- God does things-or places things in your heart to do-Me I do and then he shows me- it is so coming apparent to me over the last year. Somethings have happened in my life 3 years ago today that have brought to where I am at today and what God has planned-
Yes 3 years ago- today was the first weekend Marcus stayed over for the weekend- he got to meet his family at church and saw his first parade and met Isaac and my life was changed forever.

When I was younger - even into my 20s I had the dream of being married having children and staying where I was at. Well- guess what God had a different plan - You know I never really thought about what single parents went through- how they felt- what their life was all about- what can cause a parent to become single- well low and behold God had another plan - placed becoming a parent in my heart and when the time was right He said okay time to adopt- I am single are you nuts- but as I look back no He was not nuts He is God and He is knew what would transpire in my life long before I did- wow is all I can say. This was my choice to become a single parent - something that does not normally happen- Oftentime before- looked at single parents as wow how did that happen and how are the children - I must confess I thought wow they are asking for help-weak. Now I know why I was chosen to become a single parent-


Single parents are strong- they are not weak - we go through things that no one can imagine- we feel at times all alone- but we are not -we have help- we can make it- God is our strength - He guides us and gives us that extra hand when we think what now? I have one child an oh my it is hard- juggling work- school- after achool activities - church- finances- ministry-(bible quiz- SS-etc) . I have learned that it is okay to ask for help- it is okay to be tired- it is okay to need time by yourself-to regroup refocus and reenergize.

But I have a whole new perspective over the last few years- and have a heart to minister to single parents more then I could ever imagine- there is more to wow Michele became a single parent and now wants to minister to single parents- no there is more - Life Coaching- Teaching Sunday School being around other parents- my heart fills each time I am doing something like this. I by no means have learned everything about parenting- in fact I am still learning- but I take to heart what 2 parent households have told me - I have read a lot on single parenting and about children with emotional problems- ingulfed myself- now I want God to use me to minister because I know I am not the only single parent out there and if I can encourage one - my heart overflows- You see we are not alone and 1 is a whole number-

I rely on God foremost- the wisdom He gives because without it I would have flopped a long time ago-


So I am excited about teaching our new Single Parenting Class and my Prayer is for God to work mightily in the hearts of our single parents - building each one up and letting them realize that someone is there for them - lifting them up in prayer and knowing that it will be okay-



1 comment:

Melissa said...

you go girl! Happy 4th! Hope you have a great time on your vacation!
me