Sunday, July 20, 2008

As I begin...

To pack for vacation I thought I would take a little of time to tell you about my weekend. A weekend I looked forward to since January.
Dropped Marcus off at the Tobias household and headed for the church a little after 11 maybe sooner- to stop and get meds. Then off to church.
We piled into the vans around 12ish and headed off to Jacksonville to the YOU GO GIRL CONFERENCE! We made pretty good time- stopped for a bite to eat and went to the hotel for about a half hour very comfy beds -then we head to the conference evening service
Let me tell you I was truly blessed - Rev Marsha Woolly is an amazing woman- I could hear her speak all day long. very funny but very serious at the same time
.
Well we got out of service I think about 945 or maybe even later I am not sure too be honest with you the time flew.
We did donuts in Dennys parking lot and I think the ladies think I am absolutely crazy- everyone fan your hands close to your face. Heard some stories from PDs sister- Kim you come back anytime I enjoyed our time together so much.
We fell asleep about 130 and back up at 630 although I did toss and turn the beds were so comfortable but my nose was little stuffy.
Off back to the church at about 830 then had morning service with Rev Marsha- again I could listen to her all day everyday- wow is all I can say
Then we broke into a Breakaway Session- I went to a session called " How Women Can Help, Support and Bless Their Pastor- Well let me just tell you- I walked away a different person - I have the upmost respect for my pastors love them dearly and would do anything for them - but going to listen to this Session from a Pastors view - I have even a higher respect for my Pastors- I am telling you for me it was a wow moment- of I need to do more for my pastors-
Some Highlights from the session are:
1. Don't Compare your Pastors with other ministers-
2. Honoring and Love Your Pastor- They are a gift from the Lord
3. Respect your Pastors Time and Privacy- do not call them on their day off unless it is an emergency
4. Be open to Change
5. Don't ask for special privilages that others do not have or are against church policy
6. Do not criticize your Pastor- He/She are there to do God's will and benefit the church
7. Understand the role of your Pastors ministrial staff and treat them accodrdingly- they work for him/her to fulfill the vision of the church - they are employed by the pastor- (let it sink in.)
there are more but these are just a few.

This session just touched me- and honestly not sure really the words for it.
Then we went to lunch at a Mexican place - Salslitas - I am guessing the name- it was really good-
Came back for for a mini concert and testimony from Cathy Perry- she made me cry-
Then I went to a session on anger- it was good- I essentially went to see how I could help Marcus and his anger issues- so I need to review that some more.

Then We heard from Pastor Andrea and it just ministerd to me- Talked about being a strong woman of God- and we all went to be prayed for. I was blessed by having PD pray for me.
Then I went back to my seat and God was just tuggin at my heart to pray for the other ladies that were there- I am like why? He said just do it- I am like okay God but I am not sure what you are doing? He said Trust Me- that is what He has been telling me a lot lately so I did.
So I was obedient and prayed for the Life Coachers- I love praying for people- I get more of a blessing out of that then having myself prayed for - I know call me strange. So I sat down and continue to pray and said okay God I did what you asked.
Drove home and had an incredible talk session- I will never be the same- You are not alone - you truly are not!!
Did not really know what God was up to until after Sunday school this morning- I prayed in Sunday school which is normal- but it was different - it was different- then I went into service and did the offering spoke a little about how God has truly blessed me and how I am trusting Him by giving to him first- I thought I would be nervous no butterflies- I hope I did not speak too fast-
I walked outside for a moment and when I went outside it was like God said what you recieved this weekend was more confidence in yourself- you are a strong confident woman and I am going to continue to stretch you and use you.
God you are truly amazing and I am so blessed to be apart of your kingdom

1 comment:

Melissa said...

WOW! Sounds fantastic! Hey can I have your notes on how to treat your pastors? I could make copies and hand them out to people in church...lol! No seriously, so excited to hear what God is doing in your life! Can't wait to see you in Sept!