Thursday, April 3, 2008

Tomorrow is a special day...



I remember it fondly- 7 years ago tomorrow my wonderful son came into this world weighing a little less then 7lbs and 18 inches long - he was born at 1 pm in the afternoon at Tampa General Hospital. He is a true Florida Cracker. I was not there but I can imagine what it was like.


Aww I remember when I first held him in my arms and gave him a hug- how sweet it was. I do remember this exact place and exactly where I was sitting.

He tested positive for syphilis but was treated with anitbiotics and had no residual effects- no drugs were tested in his blood stream- he also was a little jaundice but everything else seemed okay- He did have a umbilical hernia but was later fixed when he was just about to turn 5. Who would have ever thought he would be so healthy now with a history like this- He eats like a horse and is so very active.

We have come so far in 7 years 2 foster homes 2 additional homes that were going to adopt him and then finally the best home ever - OURS.

It is kind of a bittersweet day- many of you remember the birth of your child- you were there - able to hold him or her almost immediately afterwards- me I was not-I wish I could have been but it was not time for me to become his mom yet. I wish I could have held him as an infant - I am sure he was so cute. I love holding babies - never use to ask my oldest niece (she is 19 now)
But I can not change the fact I was not there- I can however look at tomorrow and know that God has promises He will keep- I am hopeful for a changed Marcus by the love of God most important and the love that I have for him.
He started 7 years ago in a rough place and I am so BLESSED to BE CHOSEN to be is MOM - he teaches me just as much as I teach him. Thank you Lord for the responsibilty of loving Your Child.
HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY MY YOUNG MAN

2 comments:

Melissa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARCUS!!!

Dr. Deanna DossShrodes said...

Happy Birthday to our special young man...we love him so much.

Sorry we could not make it today...we have a gift for him that we'll give him tomorrow. I think he'll love it! (and you will too)

He's come so far...

and so have you!

Love you,
pd