Saturday, December 6, 2008

What a week

This week has been wonderful- the best week as far as behavior ever- no really- you may not understand what I am talking about but he truly is the best ever- Before care earned all his points this week- School earned all his points this week- after care no problems this week. Did well in Martial arts- Home- except for a few minor meltdowns (minor real minor) he has been fabulous- like the switch was finally turned on or something-it is God- that is all I can say

So I call the before care after I pick him up to see how his Friday went-Miss Kim was like I was going to call you and I went inside my head oh no- (please understand normally those phone calls are not good) so I said really she said I want to tell you how proud I am of Marcus- I was like really- she said today another child hit him while they were playing legos and Marcus walked away- she said she was not there so she asked the other teachers what happened and what did Marcus do- they said he walked away- so she called him over and he thought he was in trouble but she said Marcus what happened this morning and he told her and she gave him a BIG hug and said I am so proud of you and the choice you made- you controlled your anger- Good job- She said he got the biggest grin- as she was telling me this my eyes began to fill with tears and really they are beginning again- this is HUGE- some may not realize it but this is a breakthrough- he walked away- he walked away-

My heart is filled with so much - how proud I am of him- how thankful I am to people who have not given up on him-it has taken over 3 years to get to this point- and I am so proud- this is the best Christmas gift I could ever receive - no amount of $ could ever take this away.

Stay tuned for tomorrow- I want to write about what I am thankful for during this time-you may be surprised

3 comments:

Melissa said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! can I say it again WOW! Hearing what he did brought tears to my eyes too! I know the struggles you have gone through and seen how you have matured and grown through all of it. Girl you are definately in the trenches but very soon you are going to be completely on top looking down to help others up and out of the trench! In Jesus Name....woooo hoooo that was from God that was a prophetic word for you today! GOt the Holy Ghost goose bumps! YAHOO! I am shouting today with you! I love ya girl, I love ya!

Toots said...

I am so proud of him too, I can see how much you both have grown over this past few months and you amaze me. I am so glad that God has allowed me to become so close with you as well as Marcus, I love that guy as if he was mine and I love to hear good reports about him. God is in control and nothing is too hard for God to do if we just believe and there are alot of us believing!!
Love ya girl!!!

Michele said...

I am so blessed by all those that believe in him- we all have believed in him for so long- seems forever - Now he is starting to believe in himself- all that are in his life are on the same page- it is exhausting at time but so well worth it- God has allowed me to be (yes I said allowed me) in the trenches to be able to see what I am capable of and what he is able to do with him.
Love you all