Monday, March 9, 2009

the last few days

Well the last few days-have been long but not too bad- Saturday was JBQ finals- our team did fairly well- Marcus I believe answered in every round and positive quizzed out in 2 rounds. He did well and behaved well- we took the scenic ride home because they moved the mall we were going to go to for lunch-ended up eating at Wendy's after a minor to medium meltdown.
Does anyone know how to deal with a 2 year old in an 8 year old's body please let me know - I am serious here.
We came home and the Tobias' took me out for a belated B-day celebration- and we went to Channelside afterwards for ice cream - yum- came home and fell asleep hard.
Went to church Sunday- great service- came home afterwards and slept- needed the rest- you see it does get exhausting trying to stay on your toes when you deal with a child with a mental disorder-
Just when you think you hit bottom- God gives you the rest you need in the comfort of family and friends they are there to lift you up and allow you to cry on their shoulder or yell at God- they do not judge you but allow you to rant and rave until you get your breakthrough-
My days are a day to day process and as Adam tell me all the time celebrate the small victories- so I try to do that daily.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

small steps can win a marathon!!! love ya girlfriend! you are amazing!!

Dr. Deanna DossShrodes said...

Yes, that is a definite word from God there...celebrate the small victories!

You're gonna make it!

I love you!

Michele said...

We will persevere- God really knew that would definately be my word for the year- I am so blessed to have such a support team and loving family and I mean lovign family because not just my immediate to extended family but my church family they are the best. We are blessed to have friends in our lives that constatnly lift us up in prayer- where would I be with out the loiving touch for God and the love from friends?