Monday, March 30, 2009

I have learned something

Well- I usually learn something everyday- however this is a ahh ha moment- many of you reading probably are saying duh Michele or it is about time-
Ok I finally realized I can not change Marcus- even though it is as frustrating as all get out- however if he truly wants to change he will- I have given him the tools - advise and taught him how he can do it and if he wants to change he will - if he does not well there will be consequences to what he is doing-

I am doing my best - I have changed to help him (that is a feat in itself)

I have finally realized even though I say it all the time- Marcus is in control of what happens- This is his choice to continue down the path of being angry even though he is able to control it when he wants to or he can change and use the tools that we have equipped him with- This is God's battle not mine anymore- yes finally last Friday I gave it to him- I hung on way too long- So God he is in your hands - oh I am praying and I am still teaching him -but Marcus has the ultimate choice of what he wants to become.

Thank you God for guidance and wisdom and finally my ahh ha moment (I have had them before but this was the bigger ahh ha moment- taking a step back from the situation and looking in)- I am learning and still and always want to learn

God has placed several people in my life that have taught me and guided me- and I am so glad I have listened to them-cause at times I am not sure what I what have done- Godly advise is great and God is so faithful-

God just wants us to trust Him and have Faith in Him-

1 comment:

Melissa said...

YAY!!! SO proud of you! Michele its taken a while but to be honest there are times I still need that same ah ha moment you have had! We are placed here to guide and mold our children, instruct and dicipline, and unfortunately during all that process we have to learn that we can not make them do anything they have to chose and we can not control them or the outcome. Thank goodness we do have a heavely Father that steps in and helps us through that process! You are doing great! Hang tough my friend!