Thursday, March 12, 2009

2 year old tantrums

So we have discovered that Marcus is socially/emotionally a 2 year old-so my question I keep asking myself is how do I deal with it- A very intelligent almost 8 year old with the emotions of a 2 year old


A normal 2 year old usually engulfs loving relationships give young children a sense of comfort, safety, confidence,and encouragement. Nurturing connections teach toddlers how to form
friendships, how to communicate emotions, and how to deal with challenges. Supportive relationships with parents, adults, and friends also help children develop trust, empathy, compassion, and a sense of right and wrong (a conscience).
They have little self-control, which means they not very good at waiting and also have a hard time stopping themselves from acting on their desires. This means that, developmentally, young children struggle with following rules—especially those around sharing. ( all of which at this age he was in the foster home from which I adopted this is when he went into the home at age 2)


Does anyone see a resemblance? hmmm

SO I have to back up a little again- daily it is tiring- this week not so bad as far as being tired - I know I have a lot of people praying for us and so appreciate it- My prayer is simple wisdom and guidance in my words and actions to help guide him

No comments: