Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Frustration

Okay here are my notes from my teaching- I think I did okay- I talked really fast- but that was nerves I think -the best part of the whole night- was a visitor gave their live to Jesus - How awesome is that!!


Fused for Frustrations-Future
How many have ever been frustrated? Whether it be with your children- work - school- family members? Your marriage- Me never I have no frustrations in my life- well of course we know that is not true.
Okay so how do we handle these frustrations?
1. Allow them to eat through us
2. Have them take over us
3. Allow them to make us miserable which in turn will make everyone else miserable.

We go through frustrations or trials or tribulations to help us grow to help us to develop into the person God created us to be.
We have a future past the frustrations of life - how by trusting in God by relying on him- through friends to help us along the way.

Key ways to help us through

We are not alone - we are not on this planet alone and if you have children you go through frustrations- Most importantly God is there ready to help you through

Deuteronomy 31:8 (NIV)
8 The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

Ephesians 4:29 (NIV)
29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

* I sometimes forget that I am not alone-others out there have dealt with similar situations- that we each got through-
* I am not one to ask for help- because I can do it on my own- well I have learned over the last 3 years that is okay to ask for help it does not make you weaker it makes you stronger
* Illustration of Frustration- Marcus and his hitting at school and being suspended - frustrating- why- taking off work- etc
*Deal with Frustration
cry- well sometimes-
* I email or call someone- yes at 630 in the am - chat online
*- why cause if we allow the frustrations to build up inside who are we benefiting?
* When I call or email
I do not need a reply I just need a place for someone to listen
* Listen to those who have been through it there words may not seem helpful at the time cause you are so frustrated but you will go back and there may be 1-2 things that sticks out in your mind and that is just what is needed for that time.

God is always there for us and He sees the frustrations we go through-
Be honest with God when it comes to saying okay God I am not sure how to deal with this one- I have vented and that is not changing my frustration I am feeling- very candid with Him- ( He already knows it just voice it)
Praise and worship nothing like being in God’s Presence to help with the frustration

Never give up-
Last 3 years as of yesterday( marked our 3 year forever family anniversary) have been very frustrations- tiredness - weariness- but I could never give up-never give up- does not mean I did not feel like it
God did not give up on me or you so do not give up on your frustrations or trials he will see you through- you will become a better person a changed person
look past the trial the frustration- see it through God’s eyes-
What is the outcome going to be - Will he be glorified
For he knows the plans he has for you-
Think about work do you have person that may talk behind your back is negative towards you- show kindness to them- keep praying for them
you have a family member that is under your skin- causes you grief makes you frustrated when you are around them- We can not change them - But we can pray for them and never give up

Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

A few weeks ago Tim gave me a verse- and it is one I have heard before but I have thought about it over and over again

Galatians 6:9 (NIV)
9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

Isaiah 40:29 (NIV)
29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.

think about us and how many times God has been frustrated with me or you- has he ever given up on us? No never- why he sees us through He sees us past the frustrations- so we need not to give up through the frustrations we have and try to realize that there is a future - which leads me to my next and final point

3. A future
Your frustrations could help someone
Work- Marcus God helping me- it is my family ( you all included) my friends- his drs his therapists - why because he has a future -
we all have a future- your story as Pastor said a couple of weeks ago could be the new Buzz around- wow if this frustration brought them to here I know I can make it

Repeat Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future

Romans 8:18 (NIV)
18 consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.
Even though we go through frustrations - God will use those frustrations to help benefit others and make you a stronger person-

No comments: