Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Are you committed?

It has been a while since I wrote - wow- did not relaize that - my evenings have gotten away from me-
So the question is are you committed? I posed this question in my Sunday School class this past Sunday-
We are talkin gabout sex and being pure before the Lord
I gave my testimony- I am not sure what they thought when they heard that it is possible to stay committed to yourself and God at my age- Not going to sway no way no how-
I told them they need to respect themselves highly and know that God wants sex to be a beautiful thing but between a married man and woman.
We talked briefly about temptations because that will be discussed later in the lessons.
We discussed that there is no other gift to give your spouse that is more valuable more priceless then you.

We prayed at the end- I asked them who was committed - who respects themselves highly and who wants to please the Lord by living a pure life and wait til marrieage to have sex-
We have 9 including myself in the class and 4 of them raised their hands- this is the beginning. I prayed with them about staying committed- be true to themselves and God- I let them know anytime they needed to talk to let me know- I have been there I was a teenager- I know what they go through-

I told them you know one of the reasons I adopted Marcus was because I was not married but wanted children.

I will keep you posted on how the rest of our studies go- this group of youth I hold dear- they are truly gems of the Lord-

1 comment:

Melissa said...

yOU GO GIRL! wHAT A TOPIC TO COVER, MAY GOD USE YOU MIGHTILY IN THESE KIDS LIVES!
LOVE YA
MISSY