Monday, February 11, 2008

Yesterday..

We had a good service yesterday- Good Sunday School class- thank you Miss Rosemay for educating the young people- They liked it-

Then we went out with the Tobias family for lunch and shopping for the office at their house- Good day we went down in the Brandon area- took some back roads-
All was going well- then all hockey pucks broke loose. Let me say sometimes with a child that has PTSD you do not know what will trigger an episode- I think we had one of those yesterday- we were in the area or by the area where he use to live- now please understand I am not saying this for sure but he has not had an episode like this in quite a while- Uncle Adam had to restrain him and I had to- not a pretty site- but we got things calmed down and thenwe got back to thehouse- round 1 was over - round 2 was about to begin-
went through all of that again- he spoke of what was going on and we had a heart to heart- he is concerned about the man coming back to hurt him- your heart breaks for him- I can not erase that memory - and it seems that is the only memory he has of that home-
Uncle Adam and I reassurred him that NO ONE will hurt him and that NO ONE will take him- That him and I are family- and noone can change that. Forever we will be a family and he will NEVER have to go back to that house-
We hugged and I held him last night before he went off to sleep even sang to him a bit- I do that often-
This morning was good- he behaved and was very polite-

No comments: