Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Is Jesus Sleeping and is He hungry?

This is the question I got at the dinner table this evening- I do not believe he is sleeping or is hungry- he is sitting next to His Father in heaven- praying for all of us - how can he be sleeping-like this he said. he fold his hands and lays his head on it. I think this is correct Marcus but we can ask Pastor Deanna and Pastor Larry. okay he said- be prepared PD and PL . He also told me he wanted to speak to God- I said when you pray you are speaking to God- he said no face to face- I said oh I see- Well God is everywhere -
This boy is testing my faith- this is good-

We had a very interesting dinner tonight- he is coming up with this off the wall questions-

that I would never dream of him saying- but hey I will do my best to answer and if I do not know get ready out there cause I will be asking you all.

Today was a good day from start to finish- for his behavior- he has been very calm and compliant today- day by day I will take it-

He is just getting out of the shower and is getting dressed we are going prayer tonight at one of the church members- basically around the corner.


This week will be a little testing for me- I am going tonight and tomorrow to church- I need to I want to - why cause God is doing something and I do not want to miss it-

I will have to miss pancake night- We have JBQ Saturday morning.

4 comments:

Dr. Deanna DossShrodes said...

Psalm 121 tells us that he neither slumbers nor sleeps. He is always watching over us...

Love ya,
pd

Dr. Deanna DossShrodes said...

Oh sorry, on question two...is he hungry? No. I believe if he supplies all our needs according His riches in glory, surely He can feed Himself. Also, if He is feeding and caring for even the birds of the air, and for us...surely He lacks for nothing.

Regarding question three - seeing the face of God...

The apostle Paul says in I Corinthians 13 that we now see only through a dark glass, but that the day is coming when we will see God face to face.

I believe that in this life although we have the potential to be very intimate personally with God, we will not be allowed to fully encounter God as we would in heaven, because we do not yet have resurrected bodies that can handle such an encounter.

However we find there are occasions when the presence of God comes in and touches us and we experience Him in a way that we never have before and we feel as if "we have seen His face" or experienced His glory.

Love you guys,
pd

Dr. Deanna DossShrodes said...

p.s. One more thing - I'm the comment queen tonight...

I'm using Marcus as one of my main illustrations in my message for this Sunday night! :-)

He just breaks my heart all the time. (In a good way of course.)

Michele said...

Thank you so much for your help - I read Psalm 121 to him this morning and will go over 1 Corinthians tonight.
God is moving in his heart- even this morning he was asking questions- I believe this is our year
Love ya PD