Monday, January 7, 2008

Am I Happy..

I was asked this question in my Jr and Sr High School Sunday school class- we were talking about goals, expectations, and God's plan. I was trying to let them know I could have never imagined in 1992 when I graduated Tech School ( I am a veterinary technician) that I would be where I am at with my career- I dreamed of it but where I was you could never imagine it-
6 years ago I would never imagine being a mom- oh I dreamed of it - longed for it but could never imagine I would be a mom now-
Am I happy you bet- do I struggle you bet- it is a challenge daily okay not daily somedays are better then others being a single mom- and I have one child- I can't imagine what it would be like with more then 1.
You see I set goals for myself- if God wants then to happen for my life -fabulous - if not He will close the door.

I love my career- and I love being a mom-I am happy

Are there things I would have changed or like to have happened- you bet- I have made mistakes -done stupid things-

Yes I am happy- I am happy to be a mom- to be a career woman- to be a child of God-
We go through things that you never know how things will end up- I never knew the joy of being a mom and the struggle of being a mom until 2 years ago- the struggles are less and less so I am thankful for that-

Would I change anything- sure- where is the man I am to marry? I guess God has a different plan- and you know for years I struggled with this but it is okay to be single - Cause God has a bigger plan then I could ever imagine- look what he has done so far

More thoughts later today

2 comments:

Dr. Deanna DossShrodes said...

So proud of you. You are an incredible example of a Godly woman who keeps it all rolling somehow. I am so glad my kids have you to look up to. Thank you for who you are to them. (and me)

Love you

Michele said...

I can say the same about you as well- You are incredible!