Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas


Merry Christmas!

Yes I have been up since 4 am not by my choosing and not because my son thought he would run downstairs- no he once again was singing to Jesus in bed- I love the fact he wants to sing to Jesus - however at 4 am - it is very tiring since he does wake me up-


Anyway- let us not focus on the bad choices - today is Christmas-

Help us all to remember the reason why we celebrate this day


Jesus came down to earth as a babe - born in a manger. Have you thought about that? Have you ever seen an animal food trough? They are dirty- filthy- no sterility at all-trust me I have been around enough animals to know no matter how much you clean their food bowls they are never clean enough- Anyway- he sacrificed himself to come as a baby- he humbled himself to come to us as a baby-

How much more do we need to ask for- He was born in a manger- a food trough- a barn-

Would you want your child to be born in a barn? No we (me no I went to a courthouse) go to the hospital where it is all clean and tidy- someone comes in- cleans up the mess and wraps the baby up all tidy.


This year I keep being brought back to the barn- the food trough-the filthy conditions of a barn. He humbled Himself that much for me- He truly is a Loving, Gracious and Caring God. Help me to always remember how much You Love Us.


Merry Christmas Everyone- Take time for Jesus today- Happy Birthday Jesus

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Funny how you keep being brought back to the barn! part of what I preached on was the unexepected course that Mary's life took. I spoke on the not so quiet stable full of gross smells and bugs galore and how we today envision something different for our child's birth as did Mary. I am sure she wanted her mom and other women friends surrounding her not the animals and bugs...
Just another thing to think about.

Merry Christmas!
Melissa