Friday, December 21, 2007

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh- it is Friday Night

Good evening my friends- well you never know what the week will hold with a child who has ADHD and PTSD- we went from wild man on Monday to him making a lovely ornament and candle holder to a semi wild man early Friday morning.



I know this week was related to the last week before vacation for a couple of weeks.

Well I increased his medication and he seems more focused- less agigtated but it has only been 2 days. He had a fun time in school yesterday - they made gingerbread houses - parents were asked to come in and help their child but I could not - we had surgeries from 7:30 until 2 ish and I neede to help cause there were 4 big animals all over 100lbs. One bit my foot all in love - he was not mean or anything just wanted to see how I tasted - he was using my foot as a pacifier. Of course now I have a nice bruise on it- Got love those critters.



I asked Marcus how things went and if other parents were not there- he said they were all there - oh I felt very small then 5 minutes later he said no there were several parents not there. still the life of a single mom can not be in 2 places at one time- if a little more notice would have been given that would have been great - then I could have adjusted my schedule oh well it is done and over.

This morning he was a pistol- we had to call papaw (thanks Papaw) and he got him under control as we were driing to Kids r Kids-- he apologized and said he would be better - He has a few consequences which he is not happy about but hey I made him choose his consequences and I tell him that.

So all the not so good stuff here is what the good stuff is.

I was so exicted to open my first homemade ornament from him and candle holder- This is the first year he has done something like this. It made me smile from ear to ear - you know your a mom when you get one of these- okay I am sure there are other ways to know your a mom but this is my moment.


This is our 3rd Christmas together- the first 2 he had no clue- this year he has a clue- the true meaning and the Santa- yes I do Santa- it is part of growing up - as long as you have the true meaning - We still do Santa with my parents he still signs the package cards - although sometime Santa forgets and then it is a guessing game of what and who it is for. we laugh about it. We watched a couple fo fun movies this season and last week we watched the Nativity- I am not sure if any of you have seen it-for me it was very good and Marcus (even though it might have been too much) he saw it was about baby Jesus.

I will get my gift from Santa tomorrow a new dining room table can not wait- it is counter height and will be able to sit 6 (has a leaf to open)- I have a small table now works great but I fell in love with this -you never know who I might invite over for dinner- hey though feel free to come who ever wants to- but realize I am not a cook so bring something

.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

glad to see your week calmed a bit. If its any help, mine are wild and crazy too! Infact Christmas and Santa can not get here fast enough! Kris and Eli have wanted to put out cookies every night!
Merry Christmas MOM! Love ya you two!

Melissa