Thursday, July 12, 2007

Trials and Tribulations

We started a teaching on Courageous Parenting at Northside on Wednesday Night- last night was the first night. For those of you who attend Northside you should come-even if you do not attend you should come on Wednesday to hear the teaching. It has impacted me already so much and it has only been 24 hours.

My wonderful Pastors Larry and Deanna Shrodes- they are the best, spoke about how God knew us before we were formed in our mother's womb- my thought was wow Marcus was not even in my womb but God knew one day he would be my child. Our children have been destined by God to do great things and Satan does not want that to happen- he wants our children. When they were speaking last night I just kept thinking how Marcus is destined for greatness and how God took him from the claws of Satan and handed him over to me to nurture, to love on, to discipline, to parent, to show him the love of God.

I am so looking forward to the days to come and learning and soaking in so much more of what God has to offer on Courageous Parenting.

I tell you all of that just to say - I was encouraged yesterday and tested with the trials of an ADHD - Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Child today- He had a horrible day today, got sent home from summer camp early and then suspended for Friday. What to do- cancel cancel cancel-

But you keep on commanding him - you keep on loving him- you keep on directing him- you keep on praying for him.

I was able to talk with him a bit and he was remembering times again before he lived here. Oh how I pray God would take that memory away. Just erase it with the bad memories and start to have only good memories.
This trial day is over for him - off to go do laundry - clean the bathrooms- oh I know the excitement is so overwhelming- a mother's work is never done.




2 comments:

Dr. Deanna DossShrodes said...

It was so awesome to see Marcus standing beside you in church singing the worship songs. I notice him right away. He's so precious. God is working in his life despite all the "setbacks" you have, just remember he is growing all the time and he has grown BEYOND where he was the last time.

This blog is a great way to journal his progress, and yours.

I'M SO PROUD OF BOTH OF YOU.

Love you

Michele said...

I love to hear him sing praise and worship songs- they touch me so. We do have setbacks but nothing that we can not work through. God is so good and Marcus is so far from where he came from. We press on and go forward.

Love you too