Saturday, July 14, 2007

Ahh to be a Cat


Sometimes I wish I could take on the life of my cats- oh not reincarnation or anything like that- but to have the life of sleeping all day and not having a care in the world. Do not worry he is not dead- it is Clarence sleeping in the tub

Felix and Clarence were left at the animal hospital I use to work for- they are so sweet and loving- sometimes a little too much when it is 4 am and Clarence decides to sit on your head - he is heavy he is a whopper of 17 lbs. Animals love us unconditionally just like God loves us unconditionally and we as parents love our child unconditionally- no matter what they do.


Why? do I want to be a cat? today was just a day of cleaning and everytime I turned around the cat or cats would be right there sleeping in the clean tub on the bed or on the couch- ugh sleep that is what I long for- rest - it is a good thing -I know God gives rest to the weary

This is Libby the cat who we had to do a skin graf on to save her bottom lip- we found her at about 6 weeks old by our chicken coup.

Wow- it just hit me- my animals and my son all have the same thing in common- someone who took them in to love and nurture when everyone else turned away- my dog is the same way- he was injured when he was a pup and he is not the brightest dog- very sweet - but something is not quite the same- so we are a family of misfits all brought together to be loved and cared for no matter what.

Marcus was upstairs doing his school work- we work on vocabulary on the weekends- just to stay on top of things- he was lagging on this when he tested but he is reading well now - I am proud of him. Anyway- he was upstairs and oops mom fell asleep on the couch- he said mommy I am done - of course he scared me half to death- did not know I dosed off.
We did not do a whole lot today - we got up very early-You see I inherited my dad's internal alarm clock so no matter what day of the week I wake up before the sun rises- so I think Marcus received that gene from dad as well- we were up at out of the house by 7:30 to the grocery store- back by 8:20 - done- I just do not like grocery shopping one bit.
We then came home and started on the chores- Marcus is in charge of his bedroom and bathroom- cleaning it - bringing clothes to the washer- garbage out- etc etc- Hey I can not do it alone- We live in a wonderful townhouse- 2 bedroom 2 bath- and he needs to help.
He then took a nap cause he was grabby- slept for a couple hours and woke up did some school work on the computer and worksheets- we ate dinner- and I actually cooked a very good one- fish and corn and au gratin potatoes- I really need some cooking help - I stink.

It rained most of the day- I think my highlight of the day was when we walked to the mailbox in the rain after dinner ( no worries no lightening or thunder-) and then the fight began- I splashed him in a big puddle- he was not sure what to do- I do not think he has ever walked in the rain and played in puddles- well by the time we got back to the house we were laughing so hard and we weres soaking wet- he was freezing- so I had towels by the door and we got him dried off and up to take a nice warm bath-
So now he is in bed- it is my time- off to have some peanut butter ice cream and follow up reading for tomorrows Sunday School Lesson. - I think I will discuss Sunday School tomorrow night something I would love to share
Have a good one
Michele








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't want to be my "new" cat!! hmm...maybe i do! not too many people can just lay at my head and use me as a scratching post, and get away with it! ugh!! will have to send photos to you since i never get to see you anymore!