Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Parenting from a Distance


Have you ever parented from a distance- well it seems like that is the task at hand the last 2 days- Marcus is just not doing well and mom and dad are trying very hard to do like I do but when you are not use to it -it is very hard.

He knows to listen and to do what is asked but he just is choosing not to. I think I am more tired now than I am when he is here.

I miss him- but I do pray that he figures out, if he listens he can have a better time then in his room -

He has been talking back a lot to grannie and telling her to shut her mouth , that was his house, his toys and very possessive of things and mouthy- I have taught him to share we- and we do not talk like that what is going on with him- I know he is on antibiotics but to be talking back and not listening so much is a bit ridiculous.

He has even raised his voice and talked back to me more then usual- tonight I said - okay you do not want to talk with me nicely I will hang up and that is what I did-

I had Uncle Adam call him and talk to him.

All those that read this say some prayers the rest of the week- for my parents - I know they are tired and at a loss- I feel bad that he is doing this.

Say some prayers for Marcus too- that God would give him wisdom in how to behave nicely.

I thought this would be a quiet time this week but it seems as though I was wrong- Oh the house is quiet but my thoughts of him misbehaving so unruly is driving me crazy - Makes me very sad. I was hoping he would behave very well- but my hopes are pretty much depleted- I even said he could earn some of his sports stuff for his room last night if he listened and did what he was asked to do. That did not work.

I know this week was going to be difficult but this is a bit much- sorry mom and dad- I know you are trying -but I do appreciate you watching him and Dakota and Ainsley. Maybe next time we will do only him- not that would make a difference.

Going to bed - I have a very early morning and so look forward to another 10 hour day- really I do we have surgeries and I love it. Then Courageous Parenting - I will look so forward to going!










No comments: