Thursday, July 19, 2007

It is Quiet Here- very strange

Well- yesterday I took Marcus to grannie and papaws in Venice- tomorrow the cousins come so they will have their hands full with 3 of the 4 grandchildren.


I would love to tell you Marcus is behaving the best ever but he is having some trouble with doing what he is asked to do. I gave grannie and papaw some ideas of what I use- we shall see how the week plays out- hopefully he will get is behavior in gear and make good choices. Say a little prayer for my parents the rest of this week and next. He is feeling better but still on anitbiotics for another 8 days.
We had another great parenting teaching last night at church- Something that was said really has me thinking about examples to our children- Kids see a lot of examples on a daily basis - I want Marcus to see a great example to follow- with God's help - I think I can do that- oh there are somethings God has shown me that I need to work on. I think back at the examples Marcus had before coming to me and wow what an impact they had on him- it is taking so much to change that from his mind- His psychologist ( wonderful person) says 2-3 years to undo things from where he was maybe longer- oh my- we have come far- but we have a long way still to go.This weekend makes it 2 years since he moved in with me- the first weekend I had him permanently we went to grannie and papaws- so he is doing it again.
It seems so quiet here without him- I went to give a hug and kiss to him yesterday before I left and started to cry- This time away will help me get rejuvenated and relaxed. I think maybe it will help him too-

I will be leaving tomorrow for a trip to Melbourne til Sunday afternoon ( I will miss my church family at Northside) It is for work- to learn more about animal stuff. Never been to Melbourne so we shall see- we are staying right on the beach.
Talk to you all soon- PD- if you are reading this - tell Dustin I hope he is feeling better-
Have a good one

1 comment:

Dr. Deanna DossShrodes said...

I will tell him... thank you!

I will miss you and your little one on Sunday. His hugs are always so precious.

Have a good time in Melbourne. I know you are there on business, but take a few moments to relax too if you possibly can. You deserve it.

Love you!