Sunday, July 15, 2007

Sunday School- is Awesome ( and a few side notes)

Well it is later then I normally write because of an awesome meeting I just attended- God was there. It is so wonderful when His presence is so real.



Okay so I am going to talk about the wonderful CE department at our church- we have an awesome director and we have an awesome team of teachers- dedicated to teaching the word of God- now my focus is on the kids class - so sorry adults -Let me back up about a 11/2 years ago. This was a turning point in my life which I had no idea what an impact it would have. You see I did not attend Sunday School regularly- sleeping in was an option for me- until one day God layed upon my heart to teach high schoolers - agghh what was He thinking? Well -now I know what he was thinking. I think

Now- I do not know what I would do without Sunday School- I love to teach and I love see the impact it has on the kids and youth I teach- who knew how God would use me- When I miss a Sunday School time wow- it impacts me -

To be able to dive into the Word of God and Be able to teach it- what a privilege- what an honor- and some days I still have no clue what I am doing- But God does. I am currently teaching 3-5 age group and that is good cause I love to see them learn about God and see them remember the stories of Peter and how he prayed for Tabitha ( our lesson for today) they soak it in- you may not think so but they do- I was teaching high schoolers- I loved to ask them questions - they would not like - cause I did not settle for one word answer- I miss teaching them but I will teach wherever Bernie needs me to teach ages 3-18 that is.

This coming Sunday I will not be there to teach and I am going to miss it so- I have a conference on the east coast that I will be attending- I will miss service too- which I am bummed cause God is moving in my life ( will discuss this later on this week) - but I will pray for a mighty move in the service-

Sunday School not only has impacted my life but Marcus- he learns so much from is wonderful teachers Miss Lorna and Miss Lisa- he loves you guys. I can ask him what he learns in Sunday School and he tells me right away- Which I am thankful for. You all do a fabulouse job- Thank you for making a difference in his life.

If you are not in Sunday School- you should be- it will change your life forever- I know it has me-I will never stop going even if I do not teach- which I doubt that will ever happen- I would miss it too much.

On a much sadder note- For those of you involved with Bible Quiz one of the coaches lost a child this past Friday- The Valentin's from Lakeland lost their youngest child. My heartfelt sympathy goes out to them- I have no idea what they are going through but I will be praying for them- Rest in Peace Ariana.






No comments: