Friday, December 9, 2011

Now I am a rockin mom

ok so this week has been a struggle with marcus and his mouth and just little things that could have been simple he made very difficult - talking back raising his voice etc
well last night was the confrontation when i simply sat on his bed and said what is wrong with you- crocodile tears filled his eyes and he said i don't want to be like grannie - i am afraid to die.
well i said a few things- like you know where you are going when you die right, yes maam he said - i was like good.
i said are you sick- no maam - i said good-
i said you are young and we all do not know when it will be our time to die but we should not be afraid of it. we talked more and by the time we were done he was smiling-

this morning he woke up and said he felt so much better about talking it out- i reminded him whatever is on his mind to talk it out with someone if it helps - it does not have to be me

so rockin around the christmas tree was on the radio on our way to miss valerie's and he grabs me and hugs me and says mommy you are a rockin mommy.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Don't you just love the roller coaster of being a Mom! I too was the meanest mom in all of the world this week. This morning I was told I was the bestest Mom and got extra hugs. Funny thing is I don't know what I did to be the "bestest" Mom and that's ok!