Monday, December 5, 2011

God is surely touching my son

My son- he amazes me at times- lately it's been those times- i know God is truly touching him more each day. How many of you can say your child is reading the Bible for their reading response journal- or seek out change on the ground for BGMC- or loves to pray - he amazes me and wants to see others be touched by Jesus- he loves being a servant and whatever asked to do (at church) he does it with a willing heart- Marcus over the last several weeks is changing- I believe it is the hand of God ministering to him-
He recently (last week) began reading the Bible -on his own and asking me if its ok- I said of course its ok- read away- so 1 week into reading it and he is on the book of Numbers- asking me questions as he goes- really like mommy why did God have to send the plagues to get the Pharaoh to listen?
I love it
He does not react the way he use to when he did not get his way or when I say no (only when he his tired the ugly comes out) we laugh more we talk more and it is so awesome to enjoy- we sit and watch football together-
He wants to be a missionary and I believe we will see it happen- he wants to help people-I told him you know you are a missionary right now at your school. We pray every morning to let our light shine for Jesus and God to use us where we are.

God has brought us so far in a year- I am truly blessed and as I sit and type this I have a smile on my face- just knowing my son is a special gift to me- wow God you chose me to be his mom and I am honored

No comments: