Friday, June 27, 2008

Scared



This is what I was told the other day from my son- Wednesday to be exact- I would have written last night but I was exhausted- I had surgery (not on me) from 6:30-2:30 yesterday and was beat.

So I am writing today-

So Marcus was very sad looking on Wednesday when I picked him up from Sarah's

He did not want to talk but it eventually came out on the way to church-

He said he was scared that his foster dad was going to come back and hurt him- I reassured him- allowed him to express what he was feeling- and hugged on him but mom was not enough he spoke with Sarah and wanted to speak with Dustin- Marcus just hugged on to Dustin for a few minutes before he told him what was going on- Dustin listened and then prayed for him-

Marcus is tender right now and I am so thankful I have family around that loves on him and reassures him-

Thanks Dustin ( he looks up to you)

So I emailed his psychiatrist and told her what was going on and she said that this may be a phase of remembering through this development- reassure him (check did that) - let him talk it out (check did that) - let him know it is okay to have feelings like this (check did that as well) plus I added in that God is with him and protecting him and surrounding him with people who love him and care about him so much.

This week has not been too bad- Sarah is doing an awesome job with him and I know she is unsure at times but I am so very thankful for her. I was kidding her today- if she can handle Marcus she will be able to handle any child. She is learning what works and what does not and I am giving her tips of what works for me.

No comments: