Thursday, June 19, 2008

Hi Mommy

Those were the words I heard around this time 3 years ago when I met my son

- (can you believe he was that little)
today is a thriving 7 year old which has come along way from where he was- I am so proud of him and I am proud of myself as well- I had no clue what I was doing as a parent- and at times still do not- but with God's grace- and the many caring and concerned family I have in my life we have grown so much.
Today was a rough one but he is realizing that bad choices there are consequences even if he wants to do the privileges.
He is learning - I have learned and have my days of forgetfulness on what works with him- I have learned that calmness works best and for the most part I do now remain calm- it gets tiring but when you see how it works for him it is the best thing.
We have come so far and we are going to go so much farther- stay tuned for more reminiscing over the next few weeks.

No comments: