Thursday, June 12, 2008

Have you thought about adopting?

Well - you should- because we are all adopted by God as His child- oh you thought I was going to say something else huh?- Well I will but later on down the blog-You see God chose you just like a child is chosen when they are adopted by earthly parents - out of all the people in the world You were chosen for the particular career, ministry, life, gifts, that He has for you. I know sometimes you probably think you have no clue what you are doing- I know I feel that way- but God equips us just when we need it.

There is no other person God would have chosen for Marcus' mom- he chose me- IS God crazy? no no- He is not- God knew I would be the one just right- There are days when I am like wow God you have a lot of faith in me- a lot of confidence in me- You have given me grace and mercy to have chosen me just to be Marcus' mom- you have equipped me and continue to equip me to be Marcus mom- You know not everyone is chosen to adopt a child- some of you were chosen to be married- chosen to have your biological children- I however have a particular interesting path- single by choice (okay have not met the ONE) single mom by choice- single mom chose to adopt- it is not for everyone- yet I was chosen - I believe that- with all my heart- all though it is not all posies - it has it challenges - and struggles but those are minimal ( sometimes you feel they are not) compared to the triumphs and achievements that occur.


Marcus had had a rough week with Aunt Lori- he always feels people are mean to him- I keep encouraging him yet it does not seem to be enough- How do you boost a childs self esteem- praise praise praise - but it does not seem to be working or enough.


My blog is jumping around a bit - it is about adoption though-

Reasons to adopt- the love of a child- to provide a safe home- a loving home - to raise him in a God centered home- to show him the right way

3 years ago this month I found out I was with child- a 4 year old little boy- The phone call was like this from my case worker- hello- Hi mom how are you doing?

What a feeling- a sick in the pit of my stomach feeling ( a good sick feeling)- I was going to be a mom- that day is in bedded in my memory a good day a very good day.


3 years ago- this same 4 year old did not know letters- did not know colors or shapes- now- reading at a 3rd grade level and doing math on a 2nd grade level- Academically I am so proud-

Behavioral we have come so far but yet still have so much farther to go.

I love my wonderful young man- I would not change adopting him - because he was chosen just for me- I was chosen just for him- Just like God chose you- Have you chosen Him?

Ephesians 1:5 God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure.

2 comments:

Dr. Deanna DossShrodes said...

You know I totally agree with you on this post.

I admire you so much and I love your son too, so much...he is a jewel and has such an amazing future ahead of him.

We are so glad the Lord chose you as his mother...

Love you

Melissa said...

I totally agree with you girl! There are so many children out there that need loving and caring homes. Homes that will nurture and build strong future men and women. My granma was a foster mom and she loved each of her foster kids as her own she even tried to adopt a little boy but in those times foster parents were not allowed to do that. I would love to adopt. When God opens that door in every aspect we will walk through it if it is His will as well!