Thursday, December 16, 2010

The things you learn- that make you think

So many of you may have known Marcus had returned to the Crisis unit on December 1st and stayed til this past Monday-
Well Marcus and I talk a lot-and so I asked him what they talk about in group- not pressing just asking- he volunteered information- He was telling me why some of the kids /teenagers were doing there- my heart sank my heart broke- for what he was telling me-

Some of the teenagers we had repeatedly seen when we were there-
He had told me the majority of them were there because they were cutters- and when he said that I was like oh really do you know what that is - he said yes- ok the things you learn- he explained it and he even said that one of them showed the marks to him- Marcus said he would never do it-which I was like good.
The one Marcus was talking about said they cut because her grandmother had died.

Most of the kids never saw visitors- some I connected with - and they were like you are Marcus' mom- I am like yep- they would give me a hug or draw me a picture-
I know we are going through a lot but if those kids just needed a hug from me - then so be it
or if the parents just needed to know they were not alone then great-if I could be a source of encouragement to others at my time of stress then fine - it helps me through

Anyway- back to the teenagers- I just pray for them - what has the world come to that teenagers have to cut themselves to feel better. I do not get it- my heart goes out to them

Wish I could bring them all home- I know then I would really go crazy - lol
Keeping them in my thoughts and prayers- God can do amazing things in their lives

No comments: